Wednesday 1 February 2012

Men made of yellow mud.

It's Life Drawing Wednesday! I finally got to play around with my new clay, and boy was it awesome! The texture was so smooth and easy to work with, and I just love the colour. And then there's the anticipation of how it will look fired. So exciting!




I was really in the zone tonight, and even though I haven't done any sculptures since November, I noticed that I'd improved on a couple things. One was time-management, but the other was technical. I was paying really close attention to the heads. If you remember last semester, I thought they were looking too cartoony, so I mostly steered clear. This time though, I was trying to be conscious of proportion, and features, and all that. I kept remembering a video clip I watched on Ceramic Arts Daily about the proportions of the head. The video I watched was here, but here's a nice condensed version that's pretty similar. Pretty much just the first minute or so.




Here's a photo I got around the halfway point of the evening...




ONLY TWO PHOTOS?!? you ask... well, I swear I'm not being coy. My camera died! There will be more to come very soon, I promise!

In the meantime, moment of the night, while getting a brief shoulder massage from Courtenay:
Me: "Do you feel the knots?"
Courtenay: "I don't know... what I'm touching."

Also great: listening to Graceland.

No comments:

Post a Comment