Sunday 19 February 2012

Looking for the big picture.

In working in the graduating art class this semester, we have to keep thinking about how we want to present our pieces. This is something that I, in particular, have to think about. These aren't just paintings that you put up on the wall. Some of them are, but then there's the question of the sculptures themselves, the photographs, the drawings. What would I choose, and how would I exhibit them together? How would they interact with one another?

I think that the best option for me would be to leave the original sculptures out of it. They of course are invaluable to the entire process, but that's just the thing: they are part of the process, not the final product.

I love them to pieces, but this is about vaulting them into new dimensions, and figuring out how they can be shown at their best. As sculptures, in person, they just don't have the same impact.

Case in point:





BAM. See? Impact.

Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you Mélanie, you would not be able to see the impact of the light on the sculpture and the shadow that we see in the photo.

    ReplyDelete