Tuesday 27 March 2012

It's almost time for Explorations!



Explorations officially opens today, and the opening gala is this Friday from 7-9pm!

Here's a little photographic review of what these past few weeks leading up to the show have been about.

Last you heard from me, I was wondering the best way to display my work. Well, I started an experiment with photo transfers on canvas....

My photo-transfer process.

Lining up the transfers, trying to figure out a configuration.

Underpainting.

First coat.

Second coat.

Rethinking configurations.

Thinking about configurations of multiple sets on the wall.

Putting wire on the back of each canvas...


Then, my classmate Eben and I volunteered to make a poster for the show. 

"What should be on the poster?"
"I dunno, random colourful brushstrokes or drips?"
"Sounds good to me!"

Creating a drip painting to photograph for a promotional poster.

See the final product at the top of the page!

Monday, we set about hanging the show. With 15 artists, and WAY different styles and methods, this proved to be quite the challenge! We carted paintings back and forth to see how pieces interacted... but we finally found a visually cohesive layout. Yay!





Come to the opening to see all the amazing works in person, and to talk to the artists, grab some munchies, drink some wine, and see what we've all been working on since January!

Check out the Facebook event here. If you can't make it to the opening, the show will be up until Sunday, April 8th.

No comments:

Post a Comment