Sunday 16 October 2011

Neverending Wednesday

Last Wednesday was the first Life Drawing drop-in session! It made for a long day though, working at 7:45am, class at 4pm, then life drawing from 6-9pm. I was deeeefinitely a little pooped.

But here's what I got up to.


2-minute poses
2- and 5-minute poses
5-minute pose  
20-minute pose
30-minute pose

With the short poses, I started off using my hands as well as one of my clay tools. For the longer poses I decided to use my hands only. This limited the amount of detail I was able to create, but I found the mark-making and texture to be much more interesting.

I decided to play around with omitting parts of the body. This started with the omission of the heads, mostly because they are too heavy to deal with while the clay is in a wet stage, but also because of the amount of detail needed to make a good face. Mine end up looking cartoony in this format. So I played around with ways to resolve the issue by including only parts of the head and face to see how it would turn out. 

The jury's still out on that one, but hopefully with more life drawing sessions and experimentation, I will turn out something that I would like to pursue further. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment